Is Digital Media your career or your passion? During this camp, you'll invent a fictional product and bring it to life using several 2D & 3D creative tools such as Adobe Photoshop, TinkerCAD, and Adobe Spark. At the end of the camp, you leave with a complete website to showcase your invention to the world!
Monday June 8 to Thursday June 11, 9-11am, 12-2pm; Online via Zoom, Google Classroom
Hardware Recommendations (Nice to have)
- Microsoft® Windows 10 (64 bit only)
- Mac OS X v10.12 and later
- 8 GB Ram minimum
- 3.1 GB available hard-disk space; additional space required during installation (Creative Cloud)
- Monitor resolution 1280x800 or higher
- OpenGL 2.0 capable
- Web Browser
- Google Chrome 30+
- Firefox 27+
- WebGL Supported browser (TinkerCad)
- Internet Connection (Zoom)
- Broadband internet connection is required for Adobe and for Zoom meetings
- 2.0 Mbps up and down for single screen
- 2.0 Mbps up 4.0 Mbps down for dual screen
- 2.0 Mbps up 6.0 Mbps down for triple screen
- For screen sharing only: 150-300kbps
- For audio VoIP: 60-80kbps
- Computer Microphone or phone to call into Zoom meeting (Zoom)
- Dual Monitors
- Run software on one screen and the classroom on the other
- Or, you can run the classroom on a separate device (phone, tablet)
- Digital Tablet
- If you love to draw and paint, these are great.
- Wacom’s basic tablet “One” starts at about $60
- Web Cam
- We love to see your faces
Checklist before Class Starts
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Adobe ID
- Students should already have an Adobe ID through the school.
- If you don’t already have an ID, please create one at https://tinyurl.com/y9ty7mza and click “Create New Account”
- Adobe Creative Cloud License
- Students who already have an Adobe ID through their school should be able to use their account on their own machine.
- If your Adobe ID is not tied into your school account, students can sign up for a free 7 day trial of Adobe creative cloud.
- If you’ve already used up your 7 day trial, you can purchase the student plan at $19.99 for one month.
- Please download and install Adobe Creative Cloud prior to the start of the summer camp.
- Please run all updates and make sure you have the latest version of the software
- Tinker Cad Account
- Google Account for Google Classroom
- Prior to the start of camp, you will be sent a google classroom code to access additional information.
Make sure you have the following prior to the start of class
- Adobe ID / Adobe Creative Cloud installation
- Google ID / Google Classroom
- TinkerCad ID /
Access Google Classroom to see what we will be working on in the camp and start thinking about your invention